The Tarpon Springs Library has expanded its collection of musical instruments to borrow!
Learning to play a musical instrument can have a significant impact on a child’s education as well as adding a meaningful dimension to an adult’s life. Access to instruments can be prohibitive, however, so the library is making it easier to try out learning a musical instrument before making an investment.
- Instruments are loaned in a kit including instructional materials, accessories, and a carrying case.
- The checkout period is 28 days.
- Kits must be checked out and returned ONLY to the Tarpon Springs Library circulation desk.
- Patrons may check out only one kit at a time.
- Patrons must sign a loan agreement for responsibility for the instrument.
- Kits may be renewed up to three times if no one is waiting for them.
- Acoustic Guitar (Fender FA-115) – full size
- Acoustic Guitar (Yamaha CS40) – 3/4 scale size
- Electric Guitar with optional amplifier
- Bouzouki – 2 full-size
- Bouzouki – 1 youth size
- Drum Practice Pad – 12″ multi-surface pad with sticks
- Drum Practice Pad – 12″ silicone pad with sticks
- Drum Practice Pad – 8″ pad with sticks
- Snare Drum – full size with sticks
- Keyboard (Casio CTK-3500) – 61 keys with touch sensitivity
- Keyboard (Casio CTK-2550) – 61 keys
- Ukulele – 3 kits
- Violin – full size
- Violin – 3/4 scale size
Need Some Instruction?
With a Tarpon Springs Library card and your library PIN, you can take free online lessons with two different resources:
|ArtistWorks Music Lessons Online
Get unlimited access to recorded lessons and submit practice videos to your world-renowned teacher when you want feedback with Video Exchange® Learning. LEARN MORE
An online training site with thousands of courses and video tutorials designed to increase creative and technology skills, including lessons for musical instruments, music software, and recording techniques. LEARN MORE
The musical instrument collection is sponsored by the Friends of the Library.