In-person tax assistance from AARP is not available at North Pinellas County libraries this year due to COVID-19 concerns.
There are two forms of free assistance available through the AARP website, www.aarp.org :
- Taxpayers may interact with AARP’s IRS-certified tax counselors online or by phone and exchange documents electronically.
- AARP also provides taxpayers with free access to software so they can prepare their own taxes. Taxpayers may also request help from an IRS-certified counselor to coach them through the process by phone or through computer screen-sharing.
Contact AARP Foundation for further information at 1-888-687-2277 (1-888-OUR-AARP) or visit www.aarp.org/money/taxes/aarp_taxaide
More information from IRS:
- Electronic filing options from the IRS: www.irs.gov/filing/e-file-options
- IRS Coronavirus tax relief information: www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- Refund status: www.irs.gov/refunds
Tax Forms & Publications:
The IRS has furnished the library with copies of Form 1040 and instruction booklets.